Sunday, July 30, 2017

8 Thought-Provoking Paintings


Many pieces of art will take you on a journey... Some times the artist will purposefully lead you on this trek, while other pieces of artwork - take the artist themselves on an expedition as well.  They are exploring the nooks and turns, with each stroke of the paintbrush or dab of new color... much like you do when looking at a painting that seems to draw you in.


Like with this piece... I seen something that made me want to draw the person with the umbrella in a downward position...by the time I was done with it, I was moved to add a child.  Many people have commented about who these people are in the picture... and I have my own reflections.


This picture captured my attention from a friends photo of Tennessee sunset.  Within a day of me painting it, it spoke to someone, who bought it!




Sometimes it's color and/or action in a painting that may shout or whisper to you.  The picture of the sail boat with a backdrop of orange, whispers to me.  

To me... this reminds me of laying under huge trees looking up at the puffy clouds as a child.




Few paintings have spoke to me as this one...  At times I feel they... we...are on a journey.  Other times it makes me feel we are returning home.

I hope you have enjoyed this blog.  Leave comments or you can always email me at:  pjmartin2000@gmail.com.

Also, I would like to invite you to my Facebook page.  It is my personal page, so sometimes there might be a picture of my ultra-beautiful children and grandchildren!!!  :)  But, I try to everyday post a painting or other creative work on there.  Enjoy!  
My Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005579297506




1 comment: