Sunday, June 18, 2017

Flowers in a Series



 I feel in love with what I thought was a beautiful stained glass image of poppies from Brenda Henning.  But what I found out was these graceful flowers were a quilt patter (from master quilt maker Brenda Henning) that looks like stained glass!!! WOW!!

I wanted to paint these poppies... then I found more:




Like this stunning Sunflower! 
So, I called Mrs. Henning and asked if I could paint her treasures.  She responded, “Sure!  Knock your socks off!”


You can find her original work on her website:   http://www.bearpawproductions.com/index.php .

My paintings are not exact duplicate... I feel every artist has their own style which they need to express. Still, I wanted to stay very close so anyone can see the resemblance. 


All of the paintings in this series are painted on heavy 140 pound paper with acrylic-metallic paints, lined in ink and measure 8 X 10.  All are framed.


Mrs. Henning's series has 4, I added one more: The Double Sunflower!


Originally, her double sunflower was a table runner, which is also quilted!  

Many thanks to Brenda Henning for permission to paint this series and more!  

Next, I plan to introduce you to more artists, through my paintings.

As always, these paintings are for sale.  They are all framed, but on back of each painting is a note of appreciation to Brenda Henning and their number in my series of 5.   

Thank you and enjoy!
 PJ

pjmartin2000@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment